Good products, great vision, exceptional commitment
Unique business model yields organic growth
Since its founding in 2001, Arysta LifeScience has been one of the fastest growing companies in the industry and is currently among the top 15 agrochemical companies in the world1. Over the past five years, Arysta LifeScience achieved positive sales growth exceeding the industry average.
This success has been made possible by strong, loyal partnerships with:
- Our customers worldwide;
- Research or science-based companies that provide us with the most advanced products for development; and
- Reliable manufacturers of high-quality active ingredients.
In addition, we’ve proven our ability to bring products to market rapidly and effectively using a unique, solutions-oriented approach to portfolio management that focuses on the most profitable opportunities in our selected markets.
- New product development and registration in select local markets;
- Formulation and product packaging from externally sourced active ingredients; and
- Marketing and distribution of both value-added and off-patent products to local wholesalers, retailers, cooperatives and, in some cases, directly to the farmer.
Our hybrid business model with a balanced, 50:50 mix of value-added and off-patent products, allows us to maintain a nimble, asset-light, low-capital investment approach, which is both downturn-resistant and highly scalable.
(1) Source: Phillips McDougall, May 2012
Complementary animal health business
Arysta Animal Health (AAH), a business unit of Arysta LifeScience, gives the company a presence in two important niche markets:
- Contract manufacturing and contract development for vet pharmaceutical companies
- Honeybee health
With entities based in France, Spain and U.S., AAH offers products and services in more than 20 countries worldwide. Its range of branded and non-branded products for minor species, companion animals and livestock, also includes APIVAR®, a world leading proprietary anti-mite treatment for honey bees. Simultaneously promoting the veterinary and honeybee markets creates strong synergies to reduce time and cost-to-market while ensuring a high level of efficacy and innovation to serve customers.
Worldwide resources, distinctive customer- focused point of view
At Arysta LifeScience, we build our portfolio with an intense focus on the customer. We strive to work as partners with our customers by providing high-quality chemical solutions that meet the rapidly changing needs of growers raising a diverse range of crops. That means we offer products that address particular challenges in all parts of the world.
This partnership approach is made possible by our strategic focus on specific functions in the value chain: product development, registration, formulation and packaging, and marketing and distribution. As a result, we can respond to customer needs, expand our business without significant additional fixed costs and quickly capitalize on new dynamics and industry opportunities.
We maintain a close connection to customers and their individualized markets by managing our business regionally with global coordination, which allows us to concentrate on identifying, marketing and delivering needed and beneficial products to high-growth markets across the globe. Three key factors have allowed our accelerated, responsible growth that outpaces most competitors:
- The dedicated efforts of more than 3,400 Arysta LifeScience employees worldwide;
- Strong, loyal ties to Japanese and other research companies; and
- A global strategic product development, licensing and acquisition plan.